PA FAIR HARNESS HORSEMEN’S MEETING
The meeting was called to order by President Terry Schoeffel. Treasurer Judy McMullen gave the treasurers report showing a balance of $3991.20 . She also reported we have 100 members.
Terry reported that there is still $2800 owed for the starting gate transport, $1500 for starting car liability and $900 for gas. Terry is going to send a bill to the Commission per his conversation with Anton Leppler for starting car expenses.
Terry went on to say there are several points we want the Commission to address. We want these points to be put on the commissions agenda at an upcoming meeting.
1. HAVE THE COMMISSION ADVERTISE FOR A STARTING GATE AND STARTER FOR 2009
2. HAVE THE FAIR FINALS OVER NO MORE THAN TWO DAYS
3. REMOVE THE STARTING FEE FOR THE FAIR FINAL
4. MOVE THE REQUIRED STARTS FOR THE FAIR FINAL TO 10
5. DO NOT CHANGE THE QUALIFYING TIMES. THEY SHOULD REMAIN THE SAME.
6. PUT IN THE FAIR GUIDE THAT QUALIFYING TIMES MUST BE THE SAME FOR THE FAIR FINALS AS IT IS IN THE PARI-MUTUEL SIRE STAKES GUIDE AND PUBLISY IT.
7. ADD TO THE FAIR GUIDE THAT THERE SHALL BE NO MORE THAN TWO TRAILERS .
8. PUBLISH IN THE FAIR GUIDE HOW MANY HORSES ARE IN THE FRONT TIER FOR EACH TRACK.
9. PUBLISH IN THE FAIR GUIDE IF THE FAIR IS CHARGING FOR STALLS BEFORE AND AFTER THE FAIR
We also discussed the numbers used at the fairs. John McMullen reported that the Pocono’s donated two sets of numbers to be used at the fairs. It was moved by Trish Adams , seconded and voted on that we have Connie Holt repair all of the numbers at our expense.
Sue reported that our final $250 matching fund grant from the USTA . It was used to help with the website.
Terry Schoeffel will be going to the Harrisburg sale to promote fair harness racing and will have a fair finals video donated by Roger Huston.