FAIR CIRCUIT UPDATES POLICIES FOR 2011
The Pennsylvania Fair Circuit has instituted some new policies for the 2011 fair season.
– For all races, including Sire Stakes, Quaker Stakes and overnight races, 2-year-olds MUST have two full days off between starts.
The remainder of the new policies are in regard to Pennsylvania Sire Stake races only:
– Qualifying standards are as follows: 2T – 2:12. 2P – 2:08. 3T – 2:10. 3P – 2:06. All times noted are with allowances.
– All qualifying events must be held at a parimutuel track with an electronic timer. Matinees or qualifiers held at fairs will no longer be accepted.
– Horses must show a clean charted line on the declared gait within the last 45 days prior to entry, behind a starting gate. This rule will be enforced throughout the season. Because of this change, charting has been added at several fairs, and the Presiding Judge will set a track variant prior to the first race each day at charted fairs which will be clearly communicated to horsemen.
There will also be some changes to the 2011 fair schedule:
– Indiana, PA will no longer race overnights. Quakers will be held the third day of the fair. Indiana has also dropped night racing and will have a 12Noon post all three days of racing.
– Racing at the Stoneboro Fair has changed dates. Races will be held the Friday and Saturday before Labor Day, post time at 10AM both days.
– Port Royal’s evening card, held the Tuesday after Labor Day, will have a 5PM post.
– Amulet Farms returns to the schedule, set for one day of racing on September 10.
Because of the two-days-off rule for 2YOs, several fairs have altered their schedule as far as which classes take place on which days. Please consult the Fair Guide.